Sunday, August 17, 2008

Scoodi and Me on TV

Well last week I made my TV debut, not that being on TV is something I aspire to. The subject was Scoodi and the show was Brisbane Extra.



I thought I would clarify some of the things that were said though.

First of all, I am not the brains behind Scoodi. That honour would go to Pete, who engaged us to develop the site. During that process I decided that I liked the purpose of Scoodi and thought it had potential, so became more involved.

The filming/interviewing felt pretty awkward and contrived to me. The TV crew were good guys who were trying to make things relaxed, but I wouldn't normally say things like: "You've got council pickup, garage sales and now you've got Scoodi" and "it beats a trip to the tip". Those lines seemed a pretty corny at the time.

Overall though, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the segment turned out. I was even more surprised at the amount of people that visited the site and signed up. I really hope they find it useful.

No comments: